We promote, support and advocate for the interests of parents and families who have chosen, or would like to choose, a Catholic education for their children.
As an autonomous, parent-led organisation, we work in many different settings to make sure the ‘parent voice’ is heard and helps to change things for the better.
Our vison, mission, values and strategic intentions guide our daily work and decisions.
To be an independent, influential voice committed to achieving quality and equity in educational opportunities and outcomes for students in Catholic schools.
We exert influence in pursuit of better education policy and practice, develop and share resources, and strengthen the capacity of parents and teachers to partner in children’s learning and schooling.
What do we do?
The Federation of Catholic School Parent Communities is many things for many people!
Our core business is to be the voice of parents who have chosen a Catholic school for their child.
We advocate for affordability so that families can choose a Catholic education (equity and choice), the right and importance of all children receiving an excellent education so they can maximise their potential (quality and equity), and the right of parents to be supported in their role and to contribute to education policy and practice (voice and quality).
How do we do this?
- Advocate for a greater public (federal and state government) investment in education for all children and an equitable share of public funds for students in Catholic schools. Politicians and policymakers listen to us.
- Consult with parents on education and other issues and represent Catholic school parents in decision-making and advisory forums in relation to national, state and Catholic education policy and initiatives. We listen to parents.
- We affiliate with and contribute to the work of Catholic School Parents Australia (CSPA) and the Australian Parents Council (APC) to ensure the voices of parents are clearly heard at the national level. We have national political clout.
- We communicate, connect and come together with parent groups and parents in SA Catholic schools. give and receive empathy, encouragement and energy.
- Develop and share information and resources that empower parents with the knowledge and skills to support their child’s learning, capabilities and wellbeing. We support parents and families.
- Lead and support parent and family engagement in learning and schooling. We support school leaders, teachers and school communities through:
- Practical and individualised consultancy
- Professional learning and training for school leaders, educators and parent leaders
- Parents Initiatives in Education (PIE) grant funding
- research, evidence and case studies of good and innovative practice in the parent, family and community engagement domain.
Contact the Federation
121 George Street
Thebarton SA 5031
Phone: 08 8301 6685
Mobile: 0407 394 732