Our work is overseen by a voluntary council of 5 – 10 people, with one position reserved for a person who lives in the Port Pirie diocese.
Federation Council members are:
- Members or past members of SA Catholic school parent communities
- Passionate about parents as partners in education
- Energetic, creative and considered
- Respectful advocates for parent perspectives
Council members continue the strong tradition of active and influential parent voice by:
- Working to ensure that children have good learning and schooling experiences and achieve good outcomes
- Shaping government and Catholic education policy and programs
- Promoting parent and family engagement in children’s learning and schooling
- Advocating for fair funding for Catholic schooling
The council meets at least 8 times a year in person or by teleconference.
Council members who need to travel more than 100km to attend meetings are entitled to be reimbursed for reasonable travel and accommodation costs.